Through our organic lawn care program, you will enjoy a green and healthy lawn while leaving behind the need to understand confusing application rates and equipment settings that result in burning, bare spots and weeds. Organic lawn care offers a variety of benefits over typical fertilizations
- Environmentally Friendly – Organic fertilizers are made with natural materials, this reduces the pollution given off to our environment.
- Health & Safety – Organic products do not produce harmful side effects to humans or pets. This means you can enjoy your yard without worry about harmful chemicals being absorbed into skin or being tracked into your home.
- Long Lasting – Unlike chemical fertilizers which wash away each time your lawn is watered, organic fertilizers stay in your soil longer and are able to release nutrients over time.
- 100% Biodegradable – Organic products are made with natural materials they are fully biodegradable and do not leave behind harmful residues.
With our organic lawn care program you can reduce your carbon footprint and keep your family safe. By welcoming Berns Landscaping Services into your home, you can leave your lawn care in our capable and professional hands. Most importantly, you will have more time to devote to yourself and your family!
Call the experts at Berns Landscaping today to find out more about our organic lawn care services. No time to call and chat? Fill out our online request form and one of our experts will call you back at your convenience.
You Are Beautiful…. and your landscape can be too.
586.756.1145 East | 248.835.3000 West
Michigan is a beautiful state surrounded by the great lakes and scattered with hundreds of smaller lakes, rivers and streams. Runoff from the over use of fertilizers and pesticides eventually end up in these beautiful waterways, which create harmful effects on our environments.
Berns Landscaping Services, Inc. is proud to offer organic fertilization options to Michigan residence. There are many different benefits of organic lawn care . Organic lawn care is not only environmentally friendly it is also 100% biodegradable, long lasting and does not produce harmful effects towards humans or pets.
Interested in finding out about our Michigan Organic Fertilization Programs? Call today (586.756.1145 East / 248.835.3000 West) for a free estimate or fill out our free estimate form online.
The Healthy Lawn Care Program (HLP) for Watershed Protection is an environmentally sound lawn care program that 19 participating members of the Michigan Green Industry Association are offering. HLP partners include the Michigan Green Industry Association (MGIA), Southeastern Oakland County Water Authority (SOCWA), Wayne County Department of Environment and Water Resources Commissioner (WRC). The Healthy Lawn Care Program has been initiated to help service companies comply with environmentally sensitive lawn care issues, such as, the over use of fertilizers, pesticides and runoff into storm drains, lakes, streams and rivers.
Companies endorsed as HLCP service providers offer additional lawn care options, to their customer. Services that protect the watershed consist of the following key components: On-site consultations, soil nutrient testing, fertilizer options (including at least 40% slow-release fertilizer), fertilizer quantities of either two, three or four pounds of nitrogen applied over the growing season (depending on type of turf), low or NO-phosphorus options, advice to homeowners on proper maintenance and cultural practices, such as, mowing and watering. Pesticide options for insect and disease control may include programs such as: no pesticide, spot-treatment for weeds or one-time “rescue operation” for weed control.
Interested in finding out about our HLCP services? Call today (586.756.1145 East / 248.835.3000 West) for a free estimate or fill out our free estimate form online.
Organic lawn care has gained popularity over recent years, due to the increasing popularity of the green movement. More and more people have been switching over to organic lawn care, below is a list of benefits you can expect when making the switch.
- Health & Safety – Organic products do not produce harmful side effects to humans or pets. This means you can enjoy your yard without worry about harmful chemicals being absorbed into skin or being tracked into your home on shoes.
- 100% Biodegradable – Standard chemical based fertilizers contain toxins which when broken down create even more toxins. Since organic products are made with natural materials they are fully biodegradable and no harmful residues will be left behind.
- Improved Soil Quality – Soils with lots of organic material remain loose and airy, hold more moisture and nutrients and foster growth of soil organisms which promotes healthier grass root development.
- Long Lasting – Unlike chemical fertilizers which wash away each time you water your lawn or it rains, organic fertilizers stay in your soil longer. Because of this organic fertilizers enhance your lawn longer and are slowly able to release nutrients over time.
- Environmentally Friendly – Since organic fertilizers are made with natural materials, this reduces the pollution given off to our environment. Unlike Chemical treatments which are harmful to wildlife, humans and the environment.