Landscaping is an often-forgotten element of home improvement. The fact is that the exterior of your home is just as important as the interior. It may even be more important in some cases because it’s the first thing buyers see when they pull up to the house. Will landscaping increase your home value? Read on to decide for yourself!
Well-Maintained Landscaping Instantly Boosts Curb Appeal
It’s no secret that good landscaping makes for good curb appeal. Overgrown trees and shrubs make an otherwise maintained home look disheveled and forgotten. At the same time, a home with no front landscaping is forgettable. There is nothing to accentuate the front of the home and make it stand out in the neighborhood.
Curb appeal does not always add a quantifiable amount to home value, but it significantly influences the salability of a home. Drawing in more buyers creates more interest for the home, leading to more offers and ultimately a higher sales price. Your appraiser may not factor landscaping into your home value, but potential buyers and realtors will.
Sell Your Home Faster and Attract More Buyers from the Start
If your home is properly taken care of, it’s more likely to sell. This applies to interior improvements and grounds maintenance. Thus having a freshly maintained landscape in the front and back of your home should lead to a faster offer. This means lower carrying costs for you and more money in your pocket.
Also keep in mind that landscaping is eye-catching. Potential buyers drive down your street every day. They’re also looking at photos of your home online. Create an amazing first impression with a beautiful landscape design. If the landscaping is not in good shape, buyers may pass right by your house in favor of a competing home in the area.
How to Maximize Your ROI with Landscaping
Want to get the most out of your landscaping investment? Check out these tips from Berns Landscaping:
- Use your landscaping to highlight features on your home. Strategically place plants and lighting to accentuate architectural details and special elements on the façade.
- Avoid elaborate landscaping that is difficult to maintain. This may be perfect for your personal home, but if you’re trying to sell your home, an elaborate landscape design may detract certain buyers.
- Work with the existing landscaping features. You don’t have to completely redesign your landscaping. You may simply need to clean it up and add some new plants for enhancement. Our landscape design team can help you find the best solution for your property and budget.
- Use seasonal colors for flowers. This is a simple fix that will make your landscaping look up-to-date and appealing. We provide seasonal color swaps as part of our landscape maintenance services.
- Don’t forget the backyard! Curb appeal gets buyers in the door, but backyards can make or break and offer. Don’t let an overgrown backyard keep you from making a sale. The care you put into the front should be reflected in the back as well.
- Whatever you install, make sure it is maintained. From simple shrubs to full-blown outdoor oases – maintenance is the key to preserving your home value. A well-kept lawn is the first sign of a good homeowner. Potential buyers will feel more comfortable making an offer if they know your home has been cared for.
Berns Landscaping is a trusted landscaping company in Southeast Michigan. We offer a variety of residential landscaping and commercial landscaping services, including year-long grounds maintenance, landscaping renovation, landscape design, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, bed care, landscape cleanup, tree pruning, and more. Our horticulturists and landscape designers can help you find the best solutions to increase your home value. Contact us at 586-756-1145 to schedule a consultation.
23500 Blackstone Ave
Warren, Michigan 48089