The Spring storm seasons has started here in Metro Detroit, high winds and strong rains have been causing damage across Michigan. Storms may cause limbs or entire trees to fall, often landing on homes, cars or other trees leaving homeowners in need of emergency tree care. Dealing with these situations can be dangerous and should be left to trained professionals to remove, to prevent further damage to the surrounding area. Our tree care experts are ready to assist you in an emergency, we can also help by providing tree hazard evaluations.
Tree Hazard Checklist
Consider the following questions:
- Have any branches fallen from the tree?
- Can you see dead branches in your tree?
- Are there detached branches hanging from the tree, or wedged between other branches?
- Does the tree have any rotten wood or cavities along the trunk or in major branches?
- Are there cracks or splits in the trunk or where branches were previously attached?
- Has the trunk developed a strong lean?
- Have the roots been broken, damaged or injured in anyway?
- Have any adjacent trees fallen over or died?
- Has the area around the tree recently changed in grade or soil level?
- Has the area around the tree been changed by construction?
- Are mushrooms present at the base of the tree?
- Have the leaves prematurely developed an unusual size or color?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, than it is highly suggested that your tree should be evaluated by a professional. A certified Arborist can provide treatments that can help not only increase the trees safety, but also increase the trees health and possibly its longevity as well. Our Tree Service team is fully insured and uses modern well kept equipment to ensure our services are preformed with integrity and professionalism. When a Berns Landscaping team member comes to your home, they will share their knowledge with you in explaining what services are required.