The fall season is upon us and that means it’s time for the gardening season to come to an end. Before closing up your shed for the season, remember that fall is a great time to plant trees, shrubs and annuals and to prepare for the winter. Here are some fall landscape task to complete before heading into winter.
Fall Landscape Tips
- Pull Weeds – By pulling weeds at the end of the season, you will have less to worry about in the spring.
- Remove Fallen Leaves – Removing fallen leaves will help you avoid damage to your lawn and enjoy a healthier lawn in the summer to come.
- Cut Most Perennials Back (close to the ground)
- Deep Water Your Trees & Shrubs – After the leaves on the trees have fallen and before your water is shut off, give your trees and shrubs a good watering at the end of the season.
- Shut Off Water Lines To The Outside.
- Wash Gardening Sprayers – Use warm soapy water to clean your sprayers to remove any residue.
- Clean, Oil & Sharpen Tools – Preparing in the fall will have you prepared for the spring, and keep tools in top shape while stored.