Want beautiful landscaping that doesn’t cost a fortune? It’s entirely possible to get a stunning lawn, even if you’re on a budget. Here are some quick tips for how to save money on residential landscaping, courtesy of a professional landscaping company.
Renovate Your Existing Plant Life
The easiest way to save money on home remodeling is to work with what you already have. That same principle applies to your landscaping. If you have unruly, overgrown plants, trim them back or repurpose them to fit your needs.
This is a step we take in professional landscape design. The plants have an established root structure, and they’re thriving. You can capitalize on that by trimming them way down and strategically pruning as they grow. Save money on new plants and save the hassle of plant removal. You may find that you have a whole new appreciation for your landscaping.
Invest in Small Plants That Will Grow
Another way to save money on residential landscaping is to start with small plants that will grow over time. Be aware of the root structure of whatever plants you purchase, along with the size at maturity. A small plant now could turn into a massive headache in a few years. As long as you do your research, you can select young plants that will eventually become the landscape of your dreams.
Choose Landscaping Features That Fit Your Maintenance Needs
Don’t have a lot of time to care for plants? Make sure the landscaping features you choose fit those needs. If, on the other hand, you want something that requires constant care, you may prefer challenging plant life. Whenever you plan your residential landscaping, think of your current and long-term needs. This will save you from having to replace plants that do not fit your availability.
Pick the Right Plants for Each Part of Your Property
Some parts of your property will receive more light than others. The soil on your property may also change from one area to the next. Select plants that accommodate those factors. Otherwise, you’ll end up with dead plants that need to be replaced or declining plants that need constant care.
Get a Comprehensive Landscaping Maintenance Program
This sounds counter-intuitive, but having a landscaping maintenance program could save you on residential landscaping. Here’s why:
- You’ll have professionals monitoring your plant health. They can take action at the first sign of disease, pests and plant health decline, reducing your overall expenses.
- You’ll get custom fertilization tailored to your yard. At Berns Landscaping, we conduct soil testing to monitor the pH of your soil, root depths, soil content, and more. This allows us to create a completely custom fertilization program. You only pay for what you actually need.
- Your plants will be strong enough to fend for themselves. That’s our organic approach to pest control. Plants that are properly pruned and fed will develop natural defense mechanisms. No need for expensive treatments with repeat applications.
- You have access to specialists for all your landscaping needs. If you need stump removal, outdoor lighting repair, irrigation installation, landscape lighting, bed care, or any other service, we have experts available for you.
- You can get a professional landscape design that fits your exact needs. You may not know which plants are best for your soil, lighting, budget, maintenance needs, etc. Your landscaping company will. Invest in the right plant material from the start so you can immediately enjoy a beautiful lawn and garden.
If you’re interested in residential landscaping maintenance in Oakland County MI, Wayne County MI or Macomb County MI, contact Berns Landscaping at (586) 756-1145.