|Currently we are looking for a full-time Design Build Superintendent .If you have a background in landscape design, lawn maintenance, forestry/tree care, horticulture, irrigation, plant health, gardening, or outdoor lighting installation, a career at Bern’s Landscaping Services may be for you. We are always looking for self-motivated, hard workers to join our award winning team. We offer a variety of employment opportunities with competitive salaries including full time, part time and seasonal positions.
Design Build Superintendent – Job Requirements, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the landscape industry
- Associates Degree and/or equivalent experience in knowledge of landscape construction techniques and installation methods
- Reading and understanding of scaled landscape design drawings
- Understanding of material handling and tools necessary to complete projects
- Project removals and disposals
- Planting bed preparation
- Tree, shrub, perennial, annual and lawn installation methods
- Drainage systems
- Brick paver patio/walks, steps and wall/pillar installation
- Ponds, pondless waterfalls, and basin fountain installation
- Boulder installation
- Irrigation repair
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more throughout the day
- Ability to work efficiently with quality results
- Plant knowledge and mechanical/handyman skills a plus
- Skid loader operator required; or other heavy machinery experience operation a plus
- Timber and putting green installation a plus
- Snow plow experience preferred
- During snow removal season you must be willing to work all hours of the day while on call 24/7
- Basic Inter-Personal Communication Skills
- Ability to understand and communicate design intent, installation plan, customer service expectations and management goals with Landscape Foreman and Landscape Designer.
- Ability to lead additional team members to successfully meet or exceed project goals.
- Must have a valid MI Drivers License with a Chauffeurs endorsement, CDL is preferred (less than 4 points)
- Must have or be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
As a Team Leader, this person leads by example and is capable of preforming and executing in all aspects of landscape maintenance with professionalism, craftsmanship and safety in mind. This person must be able to lead and develop team members given to their supervision. This person is an effective communicator, enjoys creating beautiful outdoor environments and is enthusiastic about “the team”. This person must be ready to work in a professional environment.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Required license or certification: