Winter Tree Services in Warren, MI
Winter Tree Services – During the long cold winter months, many of our clients forget about their trees. Just because the leaves have fallen doesn’t mean your trees should be left unattended! Many trees thrive with winter pruning, so you may be missing out on a key growth period for your trees.
Winter dormant pruning is done shortly before spring growth. This leaves fresh wounds exposed for a short period of time before the wound healing process begins. It is not ideal for all species, but it is vital for the health of select trees.
Advantages of Winter Dormant Pruning
- For some species, pruning during the dormant season is the best time for the tree.
- Thinning the canopy and removing dead wood reduces storm damage potential.
- Deciduous plants are leaf free, allowing for more accurate pruning and reduced cleanup times.
- Insects and disease spores are inactive during the winter, reducing the chance for infestation.
- Rejuvenation and clearance pruning can be performed with minimal risk of promoting sucker growth.
Emergency tree services can also be much needed during the winter. Heavy snow, ice, and damaging winds can cause devastating effects on trees. Winter dormant pruning can help reduce these risks. If you’re unsure if your trees are at risk this winter, call Berns Landscaping at (586) 756-1145.
Get a Free Estimate for Winter Tree Services
Berns Landscaping has been in business for over 30 years. We are “Tree People” and tree lovers. Our fully-insured professional Arborists will gladly evaluate the trees on your property to provide a quote for winter tree services.Contact us at (586) 756-1145 to arrange an in-person consultation.