Winter Tree Services
Winter Tree Services- During the long cold winter months, many of our clients forget about their trees. This is a big mistake commonly made by homeowners. The correct timing of pruning can be very important for specific species of trees and for some the correct time is during the dormant season.
Winter dormant pruning is done shortly before spring growth. Doing so leaves fresh wounds exposed for a short period of time before the wound healing process begins.
Advantages of Winter Dormant Pruning
- For some species pruning during the dormant season is the best time for the tree.
- Thinning the canopy and removing dead wood reduces storm damage potential.
- Deciduous plants are leaf free, allowing for more accurate pruning and reduced cleanup times.
- Insects and disease spores are inactive during the winter, reducing the chance for infestation.
- Rejuvenation and clearance pruning can be performed with minimal risk of promoting sucker growth.
Emergency tree services can also be much needed during the winter. Heavy snow, ice, and damaging winds can cause devastating effects on trees. Winter dormant pruning can help reduce these risks. Unsure if your trees are at risk this winter?? Call us at (586) 268-7699
We offer free estimates!!!
All of our services are performed with integrity and professionalism. We care about every customer & every job. Proper tree care and customer satisfaction is our reputation.
Quality Tree Services has been in business for over 30 years. We are “Tree People” and tree lovers. We offer modern equipment and fully insured professional Arborists.
Ask us for our certificate of insurance, worker compensation, documentation of our safety practices. Our work speaks for itself; view our photos of Quality Tree Services in our work gallery.